Review of the Zebra DelGuard

About

        This is the 0.5mm version of this pencil. You can purchase it at Amazon, but it is fairly common, so you can probably also find it at your local supermarket.

Quality

        The body is made of plastic. The clip, although relatively sturdy, wiggles side to side a little bit. I really don't think it's going to fall off, or anything like that, but it is annoying. The internal mechanism is very custom and metal from what I can tell. In ten short, satisfying clicks I get 5mm of lead.





Writing Experience

        The ribbed hard plastic grip of this pencil is OK. I wouldn't use the eraser on this.

Features

        This pencil's #1 feature is its lead-breakage prevention mechanism, and it works very well. I can extend the lead up to 3-4 clicks with out any lead breakage. No matter how hard I press on the page, or at what angle, I get zero lead breakage. The mechanism is very tight. It gives you a lot control on the lead, which is going to prevent you from extending it so far that it breaks.

        The tip is kind of pocket safe since it's more conical rather than a straight shape like is usual.

Conclusion

        I give this pencil an A+ rating. For me, a person who is not heavy handed, general writing with this pencil isn't much to write home about. However, as a kid I would have loved it. I used to break lead all the time, and I think the mechanism in this pencil is very good and can withstand even the most abusive writers like no other can.



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Comments